The gambling early intervention project was established in 2018. We provide information and support to gamblers and their families. In addition, we provide experts with support in recognising gambling problems early on. We focus on working with people who have experienced immigration.
Before gambling becomes a problem:
- Outreach work – we come to you!
- Multilingual initial counselling sessions on gambling behaviour and early recognition of gambling addiction
- Anonymous support free of charge
- Providing support
- We can accompany you to information centres
- Free training for specialists and migration organisations
Berlin Caritas association (Caritasverband für das Erzbistum Berlin e.V.)
Outpatient services provided by the organisation include:
- General social services,
- Caritas welfare centres,
- Information centres,
- Information and support for migrants
- For homeless people, the organisation provides counselling as well as soup kitchens, medical care and overnight accommodation.
- It also provides inpatient services, including hospitals and care homes, children’s homes and youth centres, sheltered housing for the elderly and retirement homes, as well as organisations which support disabled people.
The project is financed by the Berlin Senate Department for Health, Care and Equality.